Yoga for Back Pain
One reason people come into the yoga practice is to help with back pain. The UNC School of Medicine estimates that over 80% of Americans will experience back pain at lest once in their lives.
Why yoga might help:
- Stretch and strengthens the body to proper alignment
- Strengthens the core, glutes medias, and pelvic floor
- Releasing tight muscles in the hips, hamstrings, and hip flexors
- Releases tension in the body and helps with overall wellbeing and sleep
- Circulates the body
Classes to start releasing the tension at Blue Ridge Yoga:
- Restorative Yoga- relieves tension by holding supported poses.
- Yin Yoga- works on increasing the flexibility of the body with long restful holds.
- Chair Yoga- move without putting pressure on the joints.
- Beginner Yoga- gently unwinds the body.
*Please see your doctor before starting a new movement routine*