Jessica's "Lazy Granola"
I have never understood why granola is so expensive. Trust me, this is possibly the easiest thing to make--and you can make it without all of the added sugar! All you need is a mixing bowl and a spoon.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup oil of your choice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (sprinkle on top after 45 mins of baking)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/2 dried fruit of your choice (add in after baking)
- Optional heaping tablespoon of cinnamon
- (Feel free to use anything you have on hand from nuts to seeds)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cover 2 sheet pans with parchment paper and spread on top.
- Cook granola at a low heat of 250 degrees for an hour to an hour and 15 mins.
Enjoy plain or with your favorite yogurt!